Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Retro Wonder Flash Fic #4 Results!

Oh, how difficult it was for @lakersmom37 to decide a winner! Great job to the two contestants, @TinsleyWarren and @darcysmom! 



Here's what our fair and impartial judge had to say:

With only two entries, I declare both the writers as winners in my book. It takes a lot of skill to tell a heart warming story in so few words. Kudos to both of you.
Tinsley, I could picture the young lovers kissing under the full moon, and felt how much their separation due to his draft call was going to hurt. Nursing was her way to be involved in the world her man was going to. You have the kind of writing that sucks the reader into the realm you've provided for their reading enjoyment.
Darcysmom, the letter to Diana was so personal. I could see a  woman with graying hair whose eyes had witnessed so many horrible events while she did all she could to save the lives that crossed her path, all being ravaged by the war. The encouragement Auntie K had for her niece was palpable in the story she told in her letter, as was her love of nursing.
Now, the hard part for me. I'd love to declare a tie, but I can't. Two such different views on the prompt provided, and the result was two wonderfully written flashes. So, after reading thee stories several times each, and changing my mind more than once, I'd like to be the first to congratulate darcysmom with the winner this week.
Thank you guys! Teresa

Congratulations, @darcysmom
Since she has already judged, our very first contest in fact, @LouiseClark75 will be the judge for the sixth contest.

See you next Monday with a prompt by judge @lolosofocused

"Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars." - Casey Kasem

No comments:

Post a Comment